Monday, April 25, 2005

The Final Countdown

by Tyler Zach



By the time you finish reading this short blog, you will be a lot closer to your death. This is true.

With each blog that I write, I grow more anxious to be with my heavenly Father. I’m very excited to go to a place where every tear will be wiped away and there will be no more pain and suffering. No more terrorist attacks. No more yelling at each other. No more divorces. No more depression. No more selfishness.

For this is the place that was meant for us from the beginning – until we screwed things up. Praise God that He had mercy on us and sent a part of Himself, Jesus, to make things right.

I sit here and ponder how I could be worthy enough to have my own perfect Savior suffer and shed red for me. How I long to see Him. How I long to fall at his feet and give praises to Him forever. It gives me great joy to anticipate that.

Now we are a few more seconds closer to eternity. The clock is ticking. These seconds are but a vapor in the wind compared to the time that we will spend either a) in heaven worshiping the one true God with all the angels, or b) cut off from His glory forever.

Another second gone. All praise and honor to Him who, when we die, molds beauty from ashes.
Only a few seconds left.

Who will You choose today to live for? Open your eyes towards heaven. Be still and know that He is God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home