Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Sleepy Faith

by Tyler Zach



It is a very normal day today.

Looking outside through the windows of my beloved Panera Bread, I can see it raining pretty calmly. I’m really tired right now. Usually, I grab a coffee right away to wake me up but for some reason I didn’t today.

I am finding that it is a little hard to concentrate, a little tough to focus on what I’m doing. I kind of just want to sleep right here in my chair. But then I would doze off and forget to go to work in an hour.

My spiritual life is like that sometimes. If I don’t meet with God in the morning and have my cup of “spiritual coffee” then the rest of my day is just a blurb. It is really hard for me to concentrate on the reality of life and why I’m here. I lose focus on what He wants me to do for the day. I miss opportunities to help people and make a difference at work or school because I’m too tired and lazy. Most importantly, I’m too sleepy to worship my Master. I need a spiritual shot of espresso in my morning to align my life with God’s Will. Simply, I need to be inspired.

Have you ever wondered why some Christians seem to have so much joy and peace in their life, even if they aren’t rich or famous or popular?

It is because they spend time with God praying and reading Scripture. They are inspired 24/7 and it overflows from them onto every person they talk to. They live their lives not just to live, but to "truly live". They are the ones whose influence will transcend beyond their life into eternity. The weight of their words and actions will echo on forever.

Do you have sleepy faith? Now is the time for us to wake up and seek Him every morning.

"In the morning, O LORD, You will hear my voice; In the morning I will order my prayer to You and eagerly watch." - Psalm 5:3

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home