Sunday, January 07, 2007

DJ-To-Be

One of my passions is to mix music. Not just any music, but music that points our hearts toward God.

A dance floor is not commonly known as a place or worship for most people. I would guess that 90% of students have not intentionally worshiped God via dancing. But, this was modeled to us by David in the Old Testament.

I enjoy how much music moves my soul and I want to take this passion that God has instilled in my heart to make students more satisfied in God.

Last night, I got the wonderful opportunity to DJ for a 400-student crowd at our annual Denver Christmas Conference. It was a blast I must say. However, it is very hard trying to please 400 students with diverse musical tastes. It is even harder to get them to dance to music they aren't used to hearing.

I played some worship remixes and some techno songs that I mixed sermon talks with... and the crowd was a little weirded out. This kind of thing is pretty abnormal. However, after a little while people started to jump up and down and get into it a little bit. Hopefully, after much prayer and experimentation, a worship-minded dancing population will arise from this fresh Spirit-filled generation of students. Club Worship in West Reading, PA is one of the leaders in experimenting with dancing and worship. I've enjoyed listening to their podcasts and learning from their experiences.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home