Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Confessions of a Campus Minister

I desire others’ approval more than God’s approval most of the time.

I want people to think that I am more insightful than the majority.

I want people to think that I have it all together when I don’t.

I want people to think that I’m a few feet higher on the leadership totem pole than they are.

When I lose, I feel ashamed because the game is really all about me and not about enjoying time with my friends.

When people are talking to me, it’s hard to listen well because I’m thinking about the important thing that I’m going to say next.

When listening to sermons, I think about how I’m going to influence others with the content more than letting the content influence me.

With each community that I enter into, I look for the things that people clap for, and then I go and do those things.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home